Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution includes storing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting distributor. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's have a gaze at them. In that way, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you desire to run a web page, email addresses, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain providers, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are often supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular spell of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between separate groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some firms offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is good if you want to share a huge amount of pics with pals or associates since the service is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your emails. Some corporations offer hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to have an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video clips and several hundred web page visitors, you may have trouble with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many video files as you desire without worrying about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to own a site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and email accounts, upload videos, and so on. At SA-Nethost.com, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared with the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for particular web content solely.